What is the Supply Chain Warehousing Certificate?
The Supply Chain Warehousing Certificate, developed by ASCM in partnership with Prologis, signifies the completion of a foundational education program designed to help individuals build their knowledge in warehousing and distribution.
The program provides an overview of distribution inventory management, product storage, packaging and shipment, sustainability in logistics and so much more.
What’s covered in the program
Earning this certificate shows employers you have the knowledge and capability to:
- Take part in the loading and shipping processes, and work with common shipping documents.
- Schedule shipments and use various methods to track the shipments.
- Follow an effective order fulfillment cycle and work to improve order accuracy and efficiency.
- Use inventory management systems in warehouses and distribution centers to accurately report the quantity and value of the materials received, stored and shipped to customers.
- Categorize inventory and manage the costs associated with holding inventory.
- Manage customer returns.
- Follow environmentally sustainable work practices on the job.
- Implement a structured problem-solving process to deal with problems in warehouses or distribution centers.
- Make appropriate decisions about the use of different types of transportation carriers, understanding their characteristics and the advantages and disadvantages of each.
- Apply different performance metrics to measure the success of a facility in the warehousing and distribution industry.
How it Works
The exam tests the skills learned in the Supply Chain Warehouse Certificate course. This self-paced education program features a series of courses designed to help you learn about leading practices across the warehousing and distribution industries.
After passing the exam, you will receive a certificate and a digital badge that you can display on your LinkedIn profile and in your email signature. Additionally, learners can earn 20 certification maintenance points upon completion of the program.
Per ASCM policy, learning system access, instructor training or any other components cannot be returned, refunded or transferred. Unchained value does not guarantee exam results. All courses require each attendee to have their own computer and mobile phone with internet access.